WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR BOOK SUBMISSIONS. BLOG SUBMISSIONS ARE STILL OPEN. BOOK SUBMISSIONS WILL REOPEN ON 08/01/2022.
- Currently accepting nonfiction posts at least 500 words, preferably broken into sections with headings
- Topics include anything about writing or publishing, or aimed at our target audience of parents, educators, and women (no book or service promo)
- Original submissions preferred, writer retains all rights to their work
- Selected posts will have full bio with headshot and link at the bottom of the post
- Posts will be sent out to email list and posted on our social media
Grief is a devastating emotion, one where we feel alone, unable to cope with our daily lives. We reach inside ourselves, often with the help of others, and find the strength to continue. As we progress through the stages of grief, we develop methods to move forward.
We are looking for personal and touching strategies on how those impacted by the loss of a loved spouse, parent, child, significant other or friend regained their being and purpose. What gave you hope during your darkest times, providing the ability to handle those incidents when grief resurfaced? We want to collect your strategies so that others, searching for guidance, will know that they are not alone in this journey. Along the Shore: Strategies for Living with Grief will be released July 11, 2023. The submission window will be open from June 15, 2022 through August 31, 2022.
- 300 - 500 words
- Be previously unpublished original work by author
- Must be focused on strategies, rather than telling the story of loss
- Authors will be notified if their story has been chosen for publication by October 25, 2022.
- There is no payment for contributions at this time, but authors whose stories are selected will receive a free contributor copy and access to print copies at a discounted price for resale.
- At this time, we welcome stories based on loss of a person. Pets are important in our lives and may be the subject of a later anthology.
- Orange Blossom Publishing will have exclusive print rights for six months from the date of publication. Print rights revert back to the author upon expiration of that period. Orange Blossom Publishing will maintain the rights to publish the story in the anthology as well as use excerpts for promotional purposes.
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We publish blog posts on topics that appeal to women, parents, teachers, and librarians, as well as writing and publishing topics. Here are some examples:
Posts must be at least 500 words in length, be nonfiction with a clear takeaway, and headings are preferred to boost SEO. Writer retains rights to their work.
All posts have a byline at the top and a separate section at the bottom with author headshot, bio, and link. We share all published posts across our social media and in our newsletter.